If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (270) 659-0067

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

#TipTuesday - Kitchen Sponges

8/13/2019 (Permalink)

This #TipTuesday is brought to you by the germs in your KITCHEN SPONGE! 

When you are washing dishes or wiping down your counter tops, do you ever think about how fresh the sponge you are using is? While you should regularly replace your sponges, it is very easy to disinfect your current one and make it last a little longer. 

All you have to do is soak the sponge in water, and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Then open the microwave, and let cool down before touching. You can also add some lemon juice to make the kitchen smell fresh! 

When storing your sponge, never put it away while wet. If it is wet in your cabinet, it can not only sprout mold, but spread mold onto everything else in the area! 

Other News

View Recent Posts